7 DAYS MARINE LIFE: WHALES PENGUINS AND SEA LIONS.
The itinerary features days on pristine waters and nights under the Southern Cross. As we paddle, huge mammals rise out in the Gulf of San Jose and playful sea lions bark and slide into the water to join us. Whether focusing the day on bird watching, visiting archeological sites along the coast, enjoying spectacular sunsets or listening to the sounds of the Southern Right Whale, kayaking at Península Valdés is all about fun and adventure.
Location: Península Valdés, Chubut, Patagonia, Argentina
Trip length: 7 days, beginning and finishing in Trelew or Puerto Madryn
Activity: Sea kayaking / Wilderness camping / Hiking / Wildlife viewing / Whale watching.
Other Activities: Road tour around the Peninsula Valdes / Classical whale watching trip from Puerto Piramides / Visit to San Lorenzo Magellanic Penguin Colony
Accommodation: Wilderness camp / Hosteria
Physical challenge: Moderate
Minimum group size: 2
- 5 day’s kayaking / 4 night’s camping along the coast of Gulf of San Jose
- Daily hikes along the coast and in the steppe
- History and archeology
- Imposing cliffs and impressive landscape
- Marine fossils literally millions of years old
- Starry nights with the sounds of whales
- Marine and land bird watching
- Daily marine wildlife viewing especially Southern Right whales and sea lions
- Magellan penguins and Southern Elephant Seals
2020 Dates: 9 to 15 Sept/ 23 to 29 Sept/ 21 to 27 Oct/ 2 to 8 Nov/ 18 to 24 Nov.
2021 Dates Summer Season: Feb 17 to 23/ March 10 to 16.
2021 Whales Season Dates: 8 to 14 Sept/ 22 to 28 Sept/ 20 to 26 Oct/ 1 to 7 Nov/ 17 to 23 Nov.
Price: U$S 2300.- Per person. (Regular Departures)
- Qualified expedition guides
- Scheduled hotel accommodations on Day 1 and Day 6, based on double or triple occupancy
- Land tour to the external coast of the Peninsula Valdes Nature Reserve. Visit to San Lorenzo Magellanic Penguin colony.
- Whale watching excursion from Puerto Piramides
- Entry fees to the Peninsula Valdes Nature Reserve
- All group camping and cooking gear. All group equipment, kayaks, paddles, etc.
- Ground transportation as mentioned in itinerary. Airport transfers to Puerto Madryn/Trelew. Day 1 and Day 7.
- All meals while on the kayak expedition.
- Any additional meals not mentioned in itinerary.
- Personal gear
- All items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, excess beverages, mineral waters, wines and liquors, laundry, room service, insurance (see below)
- Airport transfers, transfers between airports and hotels when deviating from the appointed flights and dates of the group schedule.
- Trip cancellation insurance. Medical & evacuation insurance
- Staff/Guides gratuities, tips while on the kayak expedition